A Unique Way to Get Your Most Out of Every Day
Many agree that our most precious resource is time. How much time gets used up in the frenzy of today’s workplace?
In Inspired Work’s leadership and engagement programs, we give our participants a customized series of questions to answer at the beginning of every day. It takes less than five minutes. We find that answering a few basic questions brings a greater sense of mission, vision, and purpose to the day ahead. The value of using Socratic, open-ended questions within the day ahead is the process leaves room for our own creativity and truth to step forward. This is far more powerful than creating a black and white checklist.
Here are a few examples:
1. What is today’s ideal blend of strategic and tactical work?
2. Who needs my attention, support, and praise?
3. How can I best market my ideas? Initiatives? Agenda?
4. How can I best take care of myself?
5. What is the biggest problem I am ready to solve?
6. How can I best expand my support system, inside and outside of the organization?
Every workplace brings its own unique needs to the self-inquiry process. But if you find yourself regularly overwhelmed, try this. It is one of the simplest ways to develop a much stronger discipline in how we use that finite resource called time.
Brought to you by David Harder – Founder & President, Inspired Work, Inc.